In the summer months, maxis do not need for a lot more than a simple necklace and a pair of sandals, but what about through the chillier days? The maxi dress trend is here to stay, at least for one more season, so you may as well maximum benefit break with the ones you already own. Whether your dress is jersey or silk, printed or solid, empire-waist or A-line, you will find methods to put it on even in the wintertime.
Follow these tips for staying warm while embracing this fun trend!
1. Layer under the dress. A good base is essential: tights or leggings are an altogether must (layer two pairs if necessary), and it’s also best if you wear thin, close-fitting t-shirts beneath the top part from the dress. This means that your torso is going to be warm.
2. Now layer at the top: A slim-fitting V-neck cardigan covers you up whilst keeping a streamlined silhouette. If a cardigan isn’t enough, an adorable jacket which can hit at the waist works too– anything longer than that risks looking dowdy and frumpy. Try a leather bomber jacket or perhaps a classic denim one.
3. Add cold-weather accessories to spice up your lifestyle in a practical manner. A slouchy knit beanie prevents heat from escaping one’s body while still looking fun and trendy. Wrapping a fluffy scarf around your neck will focus the eye area on the top of the body so that you look tall and slim. Thick socks in the classic cable knit are better still if they’re knee-high.
4. Pick practical shoes. You can wear flats or heels with maxi dresses, so put on some shoes that you simply already own for reference. But for really cold weather, flat boots include the greatest answer– you will find a wide range in all sorts of blacks and browns. There are even fur-lined boots to keep the toes cozy. If you don’t have the proper pair, don’t fret! With online clothes shopping nowadays, it is simple to access any retailer and enjoy the perfect boots delivered to your door.
5. Accessorise, but this time, to keep things interesting! It’s easy to feel blah when included in 3 to 4 layers, so then add key pieces to showcase your style. A unique belt adds a waistline as well as a cool detail. A stack of jangling bracelets feels bohemian. A big sparkly ring is glamorous and eye-catching. Whatever you choose, make certain that it coordinates with the rest of your respective outfit!
With these simple actions, shoo away the wardrobe blues! A swishy maxi dress could be the thing to cheer you up and you looking wonderful even under cloudy skies.…Read more